You're Getting Married!
Congratulations! That means you have met that special someone, grown to know and love them, and chosen to marry them. You have dreamed about this day forever, and now it is here... your wedding day.
We want to do everything we can to assist you in making your special day one to be remembered and relived for years and years to come. To have a worshipful wedding ceremony, many decisions must be made. One of the first decisions you must make is not only where to have your wedding, but selecting that important date! Below you will find the process for wedding ceremonies at Valley Christian Center.
We want to do everything we can to assist you in making your special day one to be remembered and relived for years and years to come.
Once you have decided on a wedding date, please contact our Wedding Coordinator, Ida Johnson, in the Church office at (925) 560-6230 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Contact the wedding coordinator for availability of facilities and preferred pastoral requests.
2. Your request will be submitted to the pastoral staff for approval.
3. After your wedding date and pastoral assignment have been approved and confirmed, the wedding coordinator will notify you by telephone and send a wedding contract confirming your wedding date.
4. Your assigned pastor will call and make and appointment for an initial interview for you and your fiancé.
5. Your wedding coordinator will call and make an appointment to discuss your wedding plans. The coordinator will also give wedding tips to make your event flow smoothly in our facility.
6. You will next need to schedule your pre-marital counseling with the appropriate pastor or counselor (see counseling below). It is best if this is completed several months prior to your wedding date.
7. A second appointment should be scheduled at least two to four weeks prior to your wedding date to confirm final details.
Weddings are part of the on-going ministry of Valley Christian Center. Although our policies are important and fairly rigid, concessions have been made for unusual circumstances. Please let us know how we may help you prepare for your special day. Contact Ida Johnson at (925) 560-6230 or email@example.com.
We congratulate you for deciding to have a Christian wedding. Marriage was instituted by God in the original creation order and Christ Himself honored marriage by performing His first public miracle at the marriage in Cana of Galilee (see John 2:1-11). Because marriage is a covenant with both God and man, we want to do everything possible to give you the tools needed to have a lasting and fulfilling marriage relationship.
At least four sessions of pre-marital counseling is required in order to be married at Valley Christian Center and/or by one of our pastors. Many couples counsel for as many as eight to ten sessions. Couples focus on 11 different areas of a successful marriage and receive personality diagnostics, personalized feedback, budgeting tips, and more. Couples receive a one-on-one consultation to discuss the length of counseling recommended.